ZAO Bamboo Compact blush
Define your face and give it a healthy glow with ZAO Bamboo Compact blush. It is an essential final touch, for both a natural look and a sophisticated effect. Note that all of our powders are talc-free.
Net weight: 9g
Bamboo casing: Combining traditional craftsmanship and modern design, the painted bamboo case emanates sophistication and originality. It is protected by a cotton pouch like a jewel. This beautiful presentation along with the playful refills even makes the ZAO product range a perfect gift.
How to use ZAO Bamboo Compact blush
To apply blush, follow the very simple “smiling cheeks” method: use a blush brush, smile and lightly dust blush on the apples of your cheeks in a circular motion. This technique puts a fresh look on your face with a rejuvenating effect.
ZAO beauty tip: If you have only two minutes to get out of bed and you need to put a glow on your face fast, our tip: apply the compact powder on your entire face, then dust your cheekbones and browbones with your blush. Finalise with a touch of mascara and lipgloss if you wish … an express makeup, simple and radiant!
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
ZAO Bamboo Compact blush Ingredients
Mica, zea mays starch (zea mays (corn) starch)*, squalane, zinc stearate, silica, parfum (fragrance), tocopherol, lauroyl lysine, butyrospermum parkii butter (butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter)*, theobroma cacao seed butter (theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter)*, aqua (water), ci 77820 (silver), theobroma cacao seed extract (theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed extract), bambusa arundinacea stem powder, ilex paraguariensis leaf extract*, maltodextrin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, haematococcus pluvialis extract, alcohol, sea water. May contain /-: ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides), ci 77492 (iron oxides), ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77742 (manganese violet). * ingredients from organic farming.
Focus on some ingredients
- Bambusa arundinacea stem powder (micronised bamboo stem powder): A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our silica reserves diminish, causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter* (organic cocoa butter): Cocoa butter protects the skin from aggressive external influences. It helps maintain moisture levels as it slows water loss from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin surface. It has been used in Africa for centuries as preventive care to provide the skin with flexibility and also as curative care for dry and bruised skin.
Squalene: This is a clear and liquid oil obtained by refining olive oil. It has a great affinity with the skin because squalene is a major component of human sebum and hydrolipidic film. With its great spreading properties and the ability to penetrate the skin, it prevents dryness and restores suppleness and flexibility.
- Silver (CI 77820) (micronised silver powder): These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Microsilver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the Zao range (except lip balm stick and pencils) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative).
- Haematococcus pluvialis extract (red algae extract): This seaweed is used for its “burgundy” colour, which contains carotenoids and antioxidants and therefore has the ability to trap oxygen free radicals (responsible for the aging of our cells).
- Ilex paraguariensis leaf extract* (organic yerba mate leaf extract): Yerba mate is used in healing traditions of South America, particularly as an antioxidant due to the high rate of polyphenols contained in it as well as a stimulant due to its caffeine content.
- Silica (organic silica): The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth’s crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). An essential quality of silica is that it allows the body to efficiently absorb and assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised from an age of about twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, most of the products in the Zao range contain organic silica.
Percentage of natural ingredients: 100%
Percentage of organic ingredients: 10% minimum
About Zao Essence of Nature
Zao has developed 100% natural formulas enriched with active organic ingredients to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. Certified organic by Ecocert, this brand is free from all toxic chemicals including parabens, instead using micronised silver as a preservative. Let yourself be seduced by luminous colours and textures combining comfort and long lasting hold. An innovative product presented in a modern and botanical material: bamboo.
The Zao laboratory has developed special formulas to respect your skin and the planet: 100% of natural and certified organic ingredients. All ZAO powders are talc free and contain NO nanoparticles containing no ingredients from petrochemical industry, even preservatives (paraben, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, paraffin, polysorbate, EDTA, BHT, BHA etc). A large percentage of the range is also refillable helping to achieve minimum waste.
321 Brown orange, 322 Brown pink, 323 Lilac Pink, 324 Brick red, 325 Golden Coral