ZAO Refill Compact powder
Description: Do you want to avoid shine on your face? Go for the powder compact. It sets, mattifies and balances the complexion for a smooth and silky finish. Note that all of our powders are talc-free.
Net weight: 9g
Bamboo casing: Combining traditional craftsmanship and modern design, the painted bamboo case emanates sophistication and originality. It is protected by a cotton pouch like a jewel. This beautiful presentation along with the playful refills even makes the Zao product range a perfect gift.
How to use ZAO Refill Compact powder
An essential item in your beauty case, the pressed powder provides a shine-free complexion with its high capacity to absorb the oil on your skin, keeping it soft and velvety. For a mattifying effect, apply the compact powder lightly with the powder brush. To cover skin problems, apply the pressed powder with a sponge. In both cases, always choose a shade similar to your skin tone and use the product immediately after your day cream. To perfect your complexion after applying foundation, dust pressed powder on the entire face. Choose a tone one shade lighter than your skin. For a natural effect, use a powder brush; for a “baby doll” result, choose a sponge.
ZAO beauty tip: Always remember to dust the eyes before applying pencil eyeliner and mascara. This will prevent any smudging effect right through to the end of the day!
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
ZAO Refill Compact powder Ingredients
Focus on some ingredients
- Bambusa arundinacea stem powder (micronised bamboo stem powder): A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our silica reserves diminish, causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter* (organic cocoa butter): Cocoa butter protects the skin from aggressive external influences. It helps maintain moisture levels as it slows water loss from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin surface. It has been used in Africa for centuries as preventive care to provide the skin with flexibility and also as curative care for dry and bruised skin.
- Squalene: This is a clear and liquid oil obtained by refining olive oil. It has a great affinity with the skin as squalene is a major component of human sebum and hydrolipidic film. With its great spreading properties and the ability to penetrate the skin, it prevents dryness and restores suppleness and flexibility.
- Silver (CI 77820) (micronised silver powder): These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Microsilver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the Zao range (except lip balm stick and pencils) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative).
- Silica (organic silica): The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth’s crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). An essential quality of silica is that it allows the body to efficiently absorb and assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised from an age of about twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, most of the products in the Zao range contain organic silica.
Ingredients: Mica, zea mays starch [zea mays (corn) starch]*, zinc stearate, squalane, silica, sesamum indicum oil unsaponifiables*, lauroyl lysine, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, theobroma cacao seed butter [theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter]*, butyrospermum parkii butter [butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter]*, ci 77820 [silver], olea europaea leaf extract [olea europaea (olive) leaf extract], aqua [water], olea europaea extract, alcohol denat., maltodextrin, theobroma cacao seed extract [theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed extract], bambusa arundinacea stem powder, aloe barbadensis leaf extract. May contain /-: ci 77891 [titanium dioxide], ci 77491 [iron oxides], ci 77492 [iron oxides], ci 77499 [iron oxides]. * ingredients from organic farming.
Percentage of natural ingredients: 100%
Percentage of organic ingredients: 10% minimum
About Zao Essence of Nature
Zao has developed 100% natural formulas enriched with active organic ingredients to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. Certified organic by Ecocert, this brand is free from all toxic chemicals including parabens, instead using micronised silver as a preservative. Let yourself be seduced by luminous colours and textures combining comfort and long lasting hold. An innovative product presented in a modern and botanical material: bamboo.
The Zao laboratory has developed special formulas to respect your skin and the planet: 100% of natural and certified organic ingredients. All ZAO powders are talc free and contain NO nanoparticles containing no ingredients from petrochemical industry, even preservatives (paraben, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, paraffin, polysorbate, EDTA, BHT, BHA etc). A large percentage of the range is also refillable helping to achieve minimum waste.
301 Ivory, 302 Beige orange, 303 Brown beige, 304 Capuccino, 305 Milk chocolate