Real clay with a slight shimmer (except no. 344 and 346 which are matt), cooked in an oven, ideal for a tanned complexion and cleavage throughout the year. Bright golden copper, bronze, apricot or a pinkish-brown tan … choose your shade to match the season. Note that all of our powders are talc-free.
ZAO Refill Cooked powder
ZAO Refill Cooked powder is real clay with a slight shimmer (except no. 344 and 346 which are matt), cooked in an oven, ideal for a tanned complexion and cleavage throughout the year. Bright golden copper, bronze, apricot or a pinkish-brown tan … choose your shade to match the season. Note that all of our powders are talc-free.
Net weight: 15g
Bamboo casing: Combining traditional craftsmanship and modern design, the painted bamboo case emanates sophistication and originality. It is protected by a cotton pouch like a jewel. This beautiful presentation along with the playful refills even makes the ZAO product range a perfect gift.
How to use ZAO Refill Cooked powder
This clay is ideal for those who love a sexy summer glow! It gives the face a beautiful amber glow, a silky look that lasts all day. To structure and define the shape of your face, use a blush brush and apply mineral cooked powder on the contours of your face: from the top of the forehead along the hairline, down and along the lower line of your cheekbones, and finishing along the underside of the jaws. The idea is to draw a “3” on each side of your face. Finalise the look by applying the powder on the nose for a long nose, or on the sides of the nose for a wide nose. With this radiant, structured powder look, you can enjoy a summery glow all year round. Adjust the tone to match the season and occasion.
ZAO beauty tip: Lighter than others cooked powders of the range, the 346 can be used in different ways, depending on the types of skin: -For combination to oily skin, it is used as a classic “bronzing powder”, it sculpts, structures and warms the face. Ideally applied with the face brush (156702) by making a kind of “3 inverted“ on each side of the face. -For tired complexion, it can advantageously replace the foundation. It warms and matifies your complexion instantly. For a discrete distribution choose a kabuki brush to apply (156701) or the powder puff (156751) for more intense coverage. -For lighter skin tones, it is best used as blush on the cheekbones to brighten the complexion. -Generally speaking, it may also be used to ‘retouch’ throughout the day.
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
ZAO Refill Cooked powder Ingredients
Focus on some ingredients
- Bambusa arundinacea stem powder (micronised bamboo stem powder): A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our silica reserves diminish, causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Squalene: This is a clear and liquid oil obtained by refining olive oil. It has a great affinity with the skin as squalene is a major component of human sebum and hydrolipidic film. With its great spreading properties and the ability to penetrate the skin, it prevents dryness and restores suppleness and flexibility.
- Silver (CI 77820) (micronised silver powder): These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Microsilver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the Zao range (except lip balm stick and pencils) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative).
- Acanthopanax senticosus (eleuthero) root extract (Siberian ginseng root extract): Siberian ginseng is an “adaptogen”, a plant that increases the body’s ability to adapt to different stresses regardless of their origins. Adaptogenic plants enhance the strength and vitality of the body, stimulate natural defences and provide energy and feelings of well-being. A wide range of health benefits are attributed to the use of Siberian ginseng. Interestingly, most studies on this ingredient are written in Russian or Korean. For cosmetic uses, particularly its anti-inflammatory and immunogenic properties have attracted interest.
- Silica (organic silica): The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth’s crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). An essential quality of silica is that it allows the body to efficiently absorb and Assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised from an age of about twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, most of the products in the Zao range contain organic silica.
Ingredients: Mica, zea mays starch (zea mays (corn) starch)*, squalane, octyldodecanol, silica, zinc stearate, ricinus communis seed oil (ricinus communis (castor) seed oil)*, lauroyl lysine, parfum (fragrance), tocopherol, magnesium aluminum silicate, sucrose tristearate, adansonia digitata seed oil*, bambusa arundinacea stem powder, ci 77820 (silver), melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil (melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil)*, aqua (water), acanthopanax senticosus root extract (acanthopanax senticosus (eleuthero) root extract). May contain /- ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides), ci 77492 (iron oxides), ci 77499 (iron oxides). * ingredients from organic farming.
Percentage of natural ingredients: 100%
Percentage of organic ingredients: 10% minimum
About Zao Essence of Nature
Zao has developed 100% natural formulas enriched with active organic ingredients to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. Certified organic by Ecocert, this brand is free from all toxic chemicals including parabens, instead using micronised silver as a preservative. Let yourself be seduced by luminous colours and textures combining comfort and long lasting hold. An innovative product presented in a modern and botanical material: bamboo.
The Zao laboratory has developed special formulas to respect your skin and the planet: 100% of natural and certified organic ingredients. All ZAO powders are talc free and contain NO nanoparticles containing no ingredients from petrochemical industry, even preservatives (paraben, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, paraffin, polysorbate, EDTA, BHT, BHA etc). A large percentage of the range is also refillable helping to achieve minimum waste.
341 Golden copper, 342 Bronze copper, 343 Golden bronze, 344 Chocolate, 345 Red copper, Mattifying "Bright Complexion" 346