The use of eyeshadow can change your eyes by playing with their shape and size. Combining colours can intensify and make the eyes more sensual. Match your refills for multiple options. For a matt look with extra sparkle, try no. 204 golden old pink and 205 dark purple – they include a touch of glitter. Note that all of our powders are talc-free.
ZAO Refill Matt eye shadow
ZAO Refill Matt eye shadow, the use of eyeshadow can change your eyes by playing with their shape and size. Combining colours can intensify and make the eyes more sensual. Match your refills for multiple options. For a matt look with extra sparkle, try no. 204 golden old pink and 205 dark purple – they include a touch of glitter. Note that all of our powders are talc-free.
Net weight: 3g
Bamboo casing: Combining traditional craftsmanship and modern design, the painted bamboo case emanates sophistication and originality. It is protected by a cotton pouch like a jewel. This beautiful presentation along with the playful refills even makes the Zao product range a perfect gift.
How to use ZAO Refill Matt eye shadow
The matt eyeshadow is recommended for a natural or “nude” effect as well as an intense or “smoky eye” effect. The pleasant texture makes using it fresh and simple. Apply the lighter colour over the entire eyelid using a sponge applicator. Apply a medium intensity eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye and under the brow with an orbit brush. Finish with a thin line of dark eyeshadow along the contour of your eye, use an angled brush to intensify your eyes
ZAO beauty tip: For an elongated, intense look, use a clear matt eyeshadow on the entire eyelid. Then using a damp angled brush, apply a dark matt shade as eyeliner. From the inner corner of the eye, follow the curve of the upper eyelashes towards the outer corner. This will open up your eyes.
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all kinds of skin, even the most sensitive.
ZAO Refill Matt eye shadow Ingredients
Focus on some ingredients
- Bambusa arundinacea stem powder (micronised bamboo stem powder): A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our silica reserves diminish, causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Squalene: This is a clear and liquid oil obtained by refining olive oil. It has a great affinity with the skin as squalene is a major component of human sebum and hydrolipidic film. With its great spreading properties and the ability to penetrate the skin, it prevents dryness and restores suppleness and flexibility.
- Lauroyl lysine: A micronised white powder that is obtained, together with lauric acid, from vegetable plants such as coconuts. Lauroyl lysine is produced by bio-fermentation of molasses. It gives the product an ultra silky touch without using synthetic silicones.
- Macadamia ternifolia seed oil (organic macadamia seed oil): This is an oil rich in essential fatty acids that also contains omega 3 and 6. It has a moisturising, softening and emollient action, which creates a soft touch and helps fight against free radicals.
- Silver (CI 77820) (micronised silver powder): These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Microsilver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the Zao range (except lip balm stick and pencils) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative).
- Silica (organic silica): The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth’s crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). The essential quality of silica allows the body to efficiently absorb and assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised after the age of twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, organic silica is contained in most of the products in the Zao range.
Ingredients: Mica, zea mays starch (zea mays (corn) starch)*, zinc stearate, squalane, silica, bisabolol, lauroyl lysine, theobroma cacao seed butter (theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter)*, ci 77820 (silver), butyrospermum parkii butter (butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter)*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, bambusa arundinacea stem powder, alphaglucan oligosaccharide, olea europaea leaf exctract (olea europaea (olive) leaf exctract), aqua, alcohol, maltodextrin, olea europaea exctract, zingiber officinale root exctract (zingiber officinale (ginger) root exctract). May contain /- : ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77492 (iron oxides), ci 77491 (iron oxides), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), talc. * ingredients from organic farming.
Percentage of natural ingredients: 100%
Percentage of organic ingredients: 10% minimum
About Zao Essence of Nature
Zao has developed 100% natural formulas enriched with active organic ingredients to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. Certified organic by Ecocert, this brand is free from all toxic chemicals including parabens, instead using micronised silver as a preservative. Let yourself be seduced by luminous colours and textures combining comfort and long lasting hold. An innovative product presented in a modern and botanical material: bamboo.
The Zao laboratory has developed special formulas to respect your skin and the planet: 100% of natural and certified organic ingredients. All ZAO powders are talc free and contain NO nanoparticles containing no ingredients from petrochemical industry, even preservatives (paraben, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, paraffin, polysorbate, EDTA, BHT, BHA etc). A large percentage of the range is also refillable helping to achieve minimum waste.
201 Ivory, 202 Brown beige, 203 Dark brown, 204 Golden old pink, 205 Dark purple, 206 Black, 207 Olive green, 208 Nude, 214 Aquamarine, 215 Purplish grape