Mineral Silk is a true powder foundation. What makes it original is its ease of use. And because it is applied on top of a personal choice of moisturiser, it is suitable for all skin types. This matt foundation is used with the kabuki brush and is talc-free, as are all our powders.
ZAO Refill Mineral silk
ZAO Refill Mineral silk is a true powder foundation. What makes it original is its ease of use. And because it is applied on top of a personal choice of moisturiser, it is suitable for all skin types. This matt foundation is used with the kabuki brush and is talc-free, as are all our powders.
Net weight: 15g
Bamboo casing: Combining traditional craftsmanship and modern design, the painted bamboo case emanates sophistication and originality. It is protected by a cotton pouch like a jewel. This beautiful presentation along with the playful refills even makes the ZAO product range a perfect gift.
How to use ZAO Refill Mineral silk
Use moisturiser before applying Mineral Silk. Pour some powder through the sieve into the lid of the bamboo pot. Then apply light pressure while turning the kabuki brush on the powder to fill the bristles. Lightly tap the kabuki to remove excess powder before applying to the face in a circular motion.
ZAO beauty tip: Just like the compact powders, Mineral Silk also helps set the make-up for a stronger hold. To enhance your complexion, after applying your tone, use a two tones darker Mineral Silk as blush.
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
ZAO Refill Mineral silk Ingredients
Focus on some Ingredients
- Bambusa arundinacea stem powder (micronised bamboo stem powder): A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our silica reserves diminish, causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Oryza sativa (rice) powder (organic rice powder): Rice powder is one of the oldest cosmetic ingredients. It has the ability to eliminate oil from the skin without clogging pores by adjusting sebaceous secretion.
- Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter* (organic cocoa butter): Cocoa butter protects the skin from aggressive external influences. It helps maintain moisture levels as it slows water loss from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin surface. It has been used in Africa for centuries as preventive care to provide the skin with flexibility and also as curative care for dry and bruised skin.
- Organic zea mays (corn) starch: Organic Corn starch is a vegetable support to improve fixing of the powder to skin, and therefore enhance durability. It allows a better dispersion of pigments and so helps to perfect your complexion with an even tone.
- Silica (organic silica): The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than Any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth’s crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). An essential quality of silica is that it allows the body to efficiently absorb and assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised from an age of about twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, most of the products in the Zao range contain organic silica.
- Silver (CI 77820) (micronised silver powder): These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Microsilver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the Zao range (except lipbalm stick and pencils) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative)
Ingredients (inci/ctfa):(ref 500): mica, zea mays starch (zea mays (corn) starch)*, silica, phyllostachis bambusoides rhizome extract*, glyceryl caprylate, squalane, bambusa arundinacea stem powder, tocopherol, parfum (fragrance), ci 77820 (silver). * ingredients from organic farming
Ingredients (inci/ctfa) (ref 501-508): mica, oryza sativa powder (oryza sativa (rice) powder)*, zea mays starch (zea mays (corn) starch)*, silica, zinc stearate, theobroma cacao seed extract (theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed extract), tocopherol, simmondsia chinensis seed oil (simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil)*, adansonia digitata seed oil*, sesamum indicum seed extract (sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil)*, calcium aluminium borosilicate, parfum (fragrance), lauroyl lysine, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, bambusa arundinacea stem powder, ci 77820 (silver), caprylic/capric triglyceride, theobroma cacao extract (theobroma cacao (cocoa) extract). May contain /- : ci 77891(titanium dioxide), ci 77491(iron oxides), ci 77492(iron oxides), ci 77499(iron oxides). * ingredients from organic farming.
Percentage of natural ingredients: 100%
Percentage of organic ingredients: 32% minimum
About Zao Essence of Nature
Zao has developed 100% natural formulas enriched with active organic ingredients to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. Certified organic by Ecocert, this brand is free from all toxic chemicals including parabens, instead using micronised silver as a preservative. Let yourself be seduced by luminous colours and textures combining comfort and long lasting hold. An innovative product presented in a modern and botanical material: bamboo.
The Zao laboratory has developed special formulas to respect your skin and the planet: 100% of natural and certified organic ingredients. All ZAO powders are talc free and contain NO nanoparticles containing no ingredients from petrochemical industry, even preservatives (paraben, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, paraffin, polysorbate, EDTA, BHT, BHA etc). A large percentage of the range is also refillable helping to achieve minimum waste.
500 Mattifying invisible, 501 Clear beige, 502 Pinkish beige, 503 Beige orange, 504 Neutral beige, 505 Coffee beige, 506 Brown beige, 507 Very light ochre, 508 Very light pink ivory, 509 Sand Beige, 510 Golden Beige